Last Saturday I joined an event called WordPress 3.0 Kaigi. I met a bunch of people (there were more than 60) and it was very interesting. About the end, I explained in Japanese how to distribute a podcast easily using WordPress and no plugins. Below is my presentation.
And this is a summary of my talk:
- An RSS feed with links to media files is already a podcast.
- You can upload your podcast from inside WordPress itself, through FTP or even using an external service such as blip.tv.
- When linking different versions of your multimedia file you’ll want to put this attribute to the one you’d like to download automatically: rel=”enclosure”.
- Now you have a good enough podcast, but iTunes will want more than that.
- Using Google’s Feedburner service you can optimize your podcast so that you can have it show up at the iTunes Store.
- Just configure the SmartCast option inside Optimize.
- Now you’re ready to submit your podcast to the iTunes Store and wait for them to review it.
I’m looking forward to your comments and questions!